DP World Southampton annouched effective the 1st September it would be trialing for one year until 31st August 2024 a Modal Shift Programme (MSP). Since the scheme launched DP World Southmapton have seen an increase in clients utilising the rail from an average of 21% for the first half of the year to 27% in September and October 2023.
The current MSP gained for laden import containers which travel by rail to a railhead incentive zones is GBP 70, however from the 1st of January 2024 to the 31st of March 2024 the incentive will increase to GBP 100. With the 1st of April incentive to be announced in late February 2024.
As a reminder please note the highlights of the scheme:
- A MSP Fee of GBP 10.00 will be applied to all import laden containers.
- GBP 70.00 will be set between the start of the scheme until the end of December 2023.
- The MSP incentive, will now from the 1st of January increase to GBP 100.
- The MSP will be credited for any import laden container which leaves DP World Southampton by rail to a railhead within the MSP Incentive Zone as seen in the below map.
- Any import laden container which leaves Southampton by rail to a railhead outside the MSP Incentive Zone will be refunded the MSP Fee.
- The MSP Fee will be charged to the import clearing agent who makes the customs declaration.
- If goods move by rail outside the 140 miles the MSP will be repaid.
- This scheme does not apply to road.
Intermodal railheads within DP World Southampton MSP Incentive Zone include:
Avonmouth, Bristol and Portbury
Birmingham Hams Hall, Birmingham (BIFT) Birch Coppice
And Birmingham Landor Street
East Midlands Gateway
Daventry and Northampton
DP World London Gateway
The MSP Incentive zone is approx. 140 miles.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your local sales or customer experience representative.
We want to thank you for your business.
Anything you need, we’re here to help
By submitting this form, I agree to receive logistics related news and marketing updates from A. P. Moller-Maersk and its affiliated companies via e-mail. I understand that I can opt out of such Maersk communications at any time. To see how we process your personal data, please see our Privacy Notification.